ASUS has outed a new firmware update developed for several of its RT routers, namely version 22.214.171.124.374.5517, which includes various fixes and changes that improve the compatible devices’ security level, as well as the overall performance and stability.
Specifically speaking, this version can be applied on the producer’s RT-N10U, RT-N10U (VER.B1), RT-N12HP, RT-N12 (VER.D1), and RT-N16 wireless devices , as well as on the ASUS RT-AC66R, RT-AC66U, RT-N66R, RT-N66W, and RT-N66U (Ver.B1) routers.
Asus Firmware for RT Routers 126.96.36.199.374.5517 is build 5517 fixes several vulnerabilities regarding the remote command execution, parameters buffer overflow, XSS (Cross Site Scripting), and CSRF (Cross Site Request Forgery), and resolves IPTV, IPv6, and Cloud sync related issues.
Lets View How Asus Firmware for RT Routers 188.8.131.52.374.5517 works ?
Security related issues:
1. Fixed remote command execution vulnerability
2. Fixed cross site scripting vulnerability
3. Fixed parameters buffer overflow vulnerability
4. Fixed XSS(Cross Site Scripting) vulnerability
5. Fixed CSRF(Cross Site Request Forgery) vulnerability
6. Added auto logout function. The timeout time can be configured in – Administration–> System
7. Included patches related to network map. Thanks for Merlin’s contribution.
8. Fixed password disclosure in source code when administrator logged in.
9. Changed OpenSSL Library from 1.0.0.b to 1.0.0.d. Both OpenSSL versions are not vulnerable to heartbleed bug.
In addition to Asus Firmware for RT Routers 184.108.40.206.374.5517, the Open SSL Library has been updated to version 1.0.0.d, an auto logout function has been added, the password disclosure in source code is now fixed, and network map related patches are included in the archive.
Through Asus Firmware for RT Routers 220.127.116.11.374.5517 release, issues with parental control UI checkbox, wake on lan magic packets, and false alarms for samba and ftp permission are resolved. Also, Samba, media server, and iTunes server names can now be changed, and Dual WAN support has been added.
However, bear in mind that not all the aforementioned changes apply to each of the compatible routers; thus, make sure to check the description page of each downloadable record to view the full release notes available for your specific router.
That being said, Download Now : ASUS New Firmware 18.104.22.168.374.5517 , apply the new update to your device, and enjoy the benefits brought by this latest version.