1.Twitter was created mainly to stay connected with a group of friends through SMS channels. It was never meant to be used on the internet much and that was the reason for its 140 character limit.
2. Twitter was mostly funded through venture capitalists who funded most of the $ 50 million, Twitter is still operating on.
3. Twitter was founded in 2006 and for the first 3 years as a company Twitter made a total of ‘zero’ dollars in revenues.
4. Twitter is expected to make 1.54 billion dollars by the end of 2013 with over a billion users.
5. Twitter has over over 65 millions tweets everyday and that averages to 750 tweets per second.
6. There are over 70,000 registered applications for Twitter created mostly by people who have no connection to Twitter.
7. The first tweet on Twitter was by Jack Dorsey and the tweet was “Just setting up my twttr” on 21st March 2006.
8. There are over 75 million Twitter accounts of which only 2546 accounts are verified.
9. Tweets like “i am having lunch’ became known as pointless babbles. A research showed that about 40% of the tweets are in this category.
10. Twitter handles 24 billion search queries a month. Yahoo handles 9.4 billion search queries and Bing handles about 4.1 search queries. This means Twitter is the ranked #2 search engine behind Google which handles about 88 billion search queries.
The infographics business has really taken off in the past year or so. We see new agencies spring up pretty much every day, and the infographics get more and more intricate and inspiring. Some people argue that we’re starting to oversaturate the blogging world with infographics, and I can agree to some extent. However, they serve a purpose, and as long as that’s the case, there will always be infographics floating around. There are of course really bad ones that somehow get into the viral stream just because they are infographics, but it’s when the statistics and the information delivered are truly fresh and new that this way of presenting data is most efficient. Tech King is one of our favorite infographic creators, and today we have yet another one that I am sure will peak your interest. It’s 42 fresh and new facts about Facebook and Twitter that are presented in a truly simple and straight forward manner. Graphical data is hard to present in reality, but Tech King shows us that they are exceedingly professional in creating light reading out of heavy data. Well done guys, keep them coming!
Here, on Bit Rebels, we are (to put it the truest context), suckers for infographics if they do their job properly. We have published countless infographics, and we’re not about to stop anytime soon. The ones that always seem to work are the ones about the social networking giants Facebook and Twitter. Those always spawn the most interest, and it’s somewhat fallen on our lot to stay true to our own channels of success, which are, as you guessed it, Facebook and Twitter.